Friday, April 11, 2008

Drupal - Best CMS I have ever seen

Drupal is an open source Content Management System (CMS). Few weeks ago I discovered Drupal and have started loving it. Most of the time I use my own framework to develop sites. I made that framework with Smarty Template and ADODB library. But this does not satisfy my all needs as I have to develop a site from the scratch with it. I was looking for a better framework or CMS. I tried Joomla, it is also a very good CMS. But I have found that I need to do lots of work to customize it. I think Joomla is very good if you want it only for CMS solution. But I need a system to use it both as CMS & a framework.

In this case I have found, Drupal is the best. At the first sight I love it for it's simplicity but powerful environment. Another great thing I like about Drupal is it's community support, which is very large and strong. Thousands of Module are available in Drupal site contributed by the community. Most of the time you do not need to develop a functionality by yourself, just download a module from Drupal website, uncompress it and put it in your Drupal's module directory. You will find lots of tutorial & help about creating modules & theme in Drupal.org.

Here are few links & resources of Drupal:


Lots of great sites have developed using Drupal. One of them is Ubuntu.com. It is also used by new Sun HPC portal. Watch the following interview of Scott Mattoon, Chief Architect, US Western Region, Sun Microsystem, INC about their experience of using Drupal.

Bookmark It!
Subscribe in a reader

5 comments:

Jami said...

Thanks so much for the info on Drupal. I hadn't heard of it before but it sounds like something that I could definitely use in the future. I've got a lot of learning left to do so I'll definitely be back to check out your site again soon.

Anonymous said...

nice article...
drupal rocks.

Website Design Company said...

As a person who has worked on web design and web coding for eight consecutive years for numerous different clients, I have met many customers who think that in order to create a website, one has to have a college degree in design or programming and have extensive experience than they have or hope to obtain. Contrarily, creating a website can be a lot of fun, and easier than you anticipate it to be.

cms design said...

Thanks for the posts we are the professional web design and development company offering an array of services like template customization, web designing, CMS solutions, eCommerce solutions, Search engine optimization and Internet marketing.
cms design

Anonymous said...

Very helpful info and thanks for sharing Drupal is the best.
Drupal Website Templates